Saturday, October 4, 2008

Flow, Technique and Feet pain

Have not posted up a blog in a while, haven't really had too much time for it over the last couple of weeks. Here goes...

I have progressed. Both mentally and physically, I have. I'll first off get the technique stuff out of the way and then a bit of other blah blah and then get to the mental etc.

Turn vaults - Originally just did the silly one where you let all your body weight sag you down once you finish the technique, now I use my upper body strength to keep my self in an upright position. I am still yet to try it out in a few situations, I might end up doing them tomorrow.

So far, I can do them very well on thick walls. Bars, I'm not too happy with yet.

Cat passes - Yeah, they're going good. Trying to increase length a bit more, will see how it continues to go.

Wall runs - Made a new record on Wednesday. Yet to measure it though.

Dash - Both types going well. Don't have that annoying thing where my legs fly up out of no where anymore. I may do it occasionally, but I some how got out of the habit.

Lazy - Fine as usual. I can clear much higher obstacles than I once could though.

Kash - Yup, fine. Happy with it at the moment.

Tic Tac - One technique I don't practice often. I'll work on it some more within the future.

Rolls - So proud of my self still from being able to roll on concrete Grin

Dive rolls - Covered this technique on grass, gotta think of ways to work on the concrete now...

Precisions - Working on balancing them on metal bars at the moment.

Wall spin - Working on it. Can't say I'm progressing yet.



About a week ago I had a really hard barefoot training. The reason was mainly because I had no shoes, my old dunlop volleys died after having them for 2 years (RIP). So there I was, Crawling, leaping and climbing with ripped up feet and blood dripping all over the place due to a large running precision onto a sharp wall. I had trained for around about 3 hours at home, then 2 hours in the city and south bank with Nathan, Sam and Damien. The cut has finally healed and tomorrow I am going out for another bare foot solo training to see how tough my feet have become.



I noticed the other day I was starting to develop a bit of flow. Really fun feeling it was. The only problem is, sometimes I feel I have to be going in a straight direction instead of perhaps going forward then going back around using a different method to that of which I was using previously. I'll be able to practice Tomorrow/Sunday. I will be traveling all over the city and south Brisbane, recording for my next parkour video. During that time, I will be able to focus on my flow a lot more easily.



I think that's about it for now, I'm going to bed.



ENJOY NAT SOC YOU BASTARDS!

No comments: