Thursday, February 14, 2008

Barefoot parkour

14/2/08 Thursday

Today I went training barefoot and felt that I should go for a freestyle training (More so to combine the different techniques I have learned through out my time practicing parkour and use them in a true environment, rather than to train my precisions height length or my speed vaults length etc.).

The training today was brilliant. To me, the sky was the limit. Usually when I'm out practicing I am sometimes afraid to do it in public (Only usually when I have mates with me) since there is a chance I will get kicked out and then will be out of the mood to practice. Today there was no fear of that.
I have now decided to make training barefoot a regular thing, because it increase my awareness of where I am stepping and how hard I am landing on the ground. I also noticed I could keep a better grip while climbing around walls.
I will be honest and tell you the truth that there were a few times that I noticed I screwed up my landing technique, but this was rare.

Unfortunately, after a 30 minute train while practicing my quadrupedal movements (or cat balance), I got my hand caught on my trackies and then my hand slipped back down and skid across the concrete I was on. Luckily my other hand and two feet were there to support me but 5 seconds later I pulled up my hand and saw tons of blood pouring out. The cut was deep. And when I say deep I mean REALLY DEEP!

Ran home as fast as I could and got a cold rag on it till I could stop the bleeding *Pulls up rag*
"Ok. It's stopped now."

Anyways, the moral of the story is to do stuff.

No comments: