Sunday, February 3, 2008

I taught parkour?

Saturday 2nd of February

Today was meant to be Skylarks coached training session. Instead, due to first rain impressions he cancelled it. I told everyone I was still going since it WAS as bright as bright could be. In the end I only got a response from Mounir saying that he would turn up.

Rang up chris, told him that I was heading down now. Got there at 3:00ish and couldn't find anyone, not even Mounir. But did notice a group of people chatting. Anyways, Me and Chris started doing warm ups stretches etc. Until some people came over asking if we were here for something. "Yeah" I replied "Parkour".

Blah Blah Blah. Introduced ourselves, went around circle to get to know everyone and started explaining what we would be doing today. Then Just got into some stretch's starting with lower and then making it to upper. After that gave a bit of a description of parkour and the misconception behind it. Then started with explaining rolls and giving an example. Most gave it a shot and started to get the hang of it. So we did 3-4 I think and then went onto vaults.
Explained what a vault is and gave a description of some of them then went over to a rail and described what you will need to do whether it's long or high. Did all that and started working onto the wall runs.

And holy shit dude! You should have seen the crowd! Just Imagine this young bloke teaching all these people around ya how to pass a wall. Yeah. Also met up with one of my old friends Alexei who looked shocked that I was doing something so Huge. Anyways yeah a cop car, Guards and a crowd of about 20 people surrounding me. After I described it I got everyone to have a go.

Moving on, I described precisions and how you would use them in a situation. I told how you could use them in a situation and then how you should start and progress. Like usual we got everyone to have a go. Then I think we moved onto underbars and then onto tic tacs. Then Gave a description of Conditioning and how important it is.

It was getting late so Chris left to go home. The rest of us went for a jog onto redcliffe and then did a couple more vaults there.


The finishing thing I said was to keep yourself a blog or anything where you can record how you are moving along.




The funny thing about this was it was my first APA (not official, but I say that instead of group of people) training. And I was Explaining everything!

No comments: