Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Knee injuries. I require rest from constant training.

One was not parkour related (My right knee) and I'm not sure exactly how I got it or when I got it. It's a lump a couple centimeters below my knee cap and went to get X-rays about 2 weeks ago. He told me to rest for 7 Months or weeks, I can't remember. The other one (Left), I got yesterday, while performing a saut de chat on a brick wall (Oh, it had to be the one when I tried to see how far I could leap to :P). Ended up clipping the knee cap with the corner of the slab. Didn't hurt, and that's probably normal and will eventually start to hurt if I continue to practice, so I want to be careful and take it easy for the next couple of weeks/months.

Really unfortunate but these things happen. There is some good news though on my progression (A bit free running related, but some other improvements too).

Free running
So I can do a palm spin (Well, maybe not a proper one yet, but this ones still looks pretty cool if done fast) performed on a bench. Hopefully will continue to progress and get better with it over time. I am also working on my wall spins some more, starting to get it, but will see what happens.

Edit: Thought I'd also add that I'm trying to get my handstands again. I remember I used to be able to do them, but is harder to bring myself and balance than before when I used to do them. Can do them up against a wall properly and have gotten it balancing without any support a couple times, just wanna try and get it right every time ;) So will also keep you posted on this.

[Awesome]Parkour[/Awesome]
Well, been working on my dash vault some more, and can now bring my legs up to a reasonable height at the end and then push myself off further, giving me a bit of a better length. Same can be done by doing a Kash vault, but my Kash still needs some work on the proper technique. Wall runs are same as usual. Noticed some brilliant progression though, compared to a while ago. Like, when you look back at the things you had trouble with, are as easy as shit now ;D. Judging by this, I've noticed my conditioning and as well as some solid wall run and climb up training, have helped me gain a brilliant amount of strength compared to when I first started off.


Well. Loving parkour so far, fucking excellent stuff. Expect me to be posting back in this blog section in a while guys.

Another edit: Should I be completely resting? I know I can still do conditioning etc. but do you think there are any other things I can do which don't involve use of my legs that much?

Sonny out ;)

No comments: